Some New York Retaker Candidates Can Finally Register For The September Bar Exam
After waiting for months, some retaker candidates will finally be allowed to register for the next New York bar exam being administered at the beginning of September. Repeat exam takers have been waiting patiently to find out whether they would be able to sit for the September exam or would have to wait until February to have another shot at passing the bar exam.
The New York State Board of Law Examiners just announced that
“Beginning on Thursday, June 18 at 12:00 P.M. Eastern Time, applications will be accepted from candidates who graduated in 2018, 2019, or 2020 with a J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school and who sat for one prior administration of the bar exam in New York. Candidates who sat for more than one prior administration of the bar exam, in New York or in any other U.S. jurisdiction, are not eligible to register during this application period. The application period will close on Sunday, June 21 at 5:00 P.M.”
So anyone who took the exam only once recently and was unsuccessful has a few days to register. But keep in mind that even if you do register, seating cannot be guaranteed to candidates who register during this application period.
With some New York bar exam retakers now potentially eligible to take the exam in September, and many other retakers still having to wait until February, we understand how trying the situation has been on these individuals and that the needs of each exam taker is going to be unique under these unusual circumstances. We have tailored our bar preparation programs to meet these needs:
- Each Marino Bar Review student is assigned an attorney Student Advisor who meets with them virtually to design a detailed study plan specifically tailored to the student’s current schedule.
- For those taking the exam in September, we give immediate access to our program to give them an early start, but the regular study program will start right at the beginning of July. For those exam takers planning to take the exam in February or are still unsure about when they will sit for the exam next, their attorney Advisor will work with them to create a personalized study plan.
- All Marino Bar Review students gain immediate access to the complete online program and may begin studying the same day they enroll, to maximize their study time.
- All Marino Bar Review students will have continued access to the program until they take their next bar exam, whenever that is.
- Please note all of our Retaker bar review programs are designed to maximize a student’s exam performance skills, and as such, include expert one-on-one personal tutoring, as well as unlimited essay and MPT grading.
If you are considering taking the next New York Bar Exam and you have questions about the exam or our bar preparation program, please call us at (866) 788-8589 or email us at [email protected] We are now available to answer your questions 7 days a week.